Throwing back last year this time we went to Mallorca. Mallorca was a family adventure for different reasons:
- We went there to celebrate New Year’s Eve
- I was pregnant with our second son
- We went there with parents, with mine and my husband’s, so you can imagine that we were a lot of people, what made our journey unforgettable.
Flights in December are always for a very good price. We bought our flights on skyscanner.com and payed 50EUR per person for a return ticket.
We choose a big apartment where we could stay all together. The apartment were taken for 285EUR, for 7 adults and a child. Nestled in Alcudia, one of the best towns in Mallorca. There we had to walk only one street to be at the nearest beach.
We rented a minibus from Hertz right at the airport. Hertz for different reasons: for price, proximity of parking to the airport, professional staff and great variety of cars. We paid 450EUR for the minibus for 5 days.
Our family adventure to Mallorca was great. From Alcudia to Cala D’Or, best time together.
- First thing we did when we got there, was walking by Alcudia beaches and see the marvelous sightseeing. As it was 31st of December, the beach was our place to celebrate New Year with champagne and fireworks.
- On the second day we went to discover the municipality of Alcudia. The Old Town represents remains of a Roman town, and there you can see the medieval town walls which spread in front of the Church of St. Jaume. This old walls belong to the ancient city of Pollentia.
- Our next stop was Cap Formentor. It is hard to get there, because of serpentine road. Even though, it is worth riding there, as you will have part of stunning views over the sea and the hills.
- Port de Soller and Fornalutx were our next stops of our family adventure to Mallorca. This is the place where old meets modern. It was a combination of old buildings in Fornalutx to great yachts in Port de Soller. The architecture in Fornalutx, is of stone and red roof tiles, with most of the buildings built in different levels, what makes the sightseeing to be spectacular. Port de Soller nestle a great amount of spectacular yachts and a beach where you can lay in summer and take sun.
- Then Deia, which is a small village, it has an idyllic landscape that remained in my heart. Orange and olive groves on steep cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean, makes this village a fairy tale village.
- Valldemossa is another small village, worth to stop by, and discover its Spanish culture and ld building. The beauty of this village, makes you feel a part of medieval history and the culture that has been there for centuries.
- If I would talk about luxury and stunning views of the sea, beach and yachts I will tell you that Port of Andratx is the right place to stop by. Rich houses overlooking the harbor and the sea. I would recommend you to visit this place at the sunset time, it’s really romantic!
- Magaluf is another place to be in Mallorca. Even if, it is the most touristy place of Mallorca, I think that it is overrated, as there are a lot of villages to stay in Mallorca much better than Magaluf.
- Palma de Mallorca we left for the last day of our stay in Mallorca. It is a great city to get lost through the streets of old town and to visit the King’s residence in Mallorca. Main sightseeing to see in Palma:
- Palma Cathedral – a spectacular Gothic creature right in the center of the city, I would say that this is the most important place where you have to go while in Mallorca for your first time.
- Bellver Castle – has very beautiful views over the sea, port of Palma and city of Palma.
- Santuari de Lluc – an old monastery. Old town – all the old architecture impressed us, because made us feel in the old times.
10. Calas de Mallorca (Beaches of Mallorca) – the island is full of beautiful beaches. All of them are clean, with crystalline water and with various land craft along the beach. Below are all the beaches of Mallorca: Alcudia, Andratx, Arenal, Cala Bona, Cala Mayor, Cala Mesquida, Cala Millor, Calas de Mallorca, Cala d’Or, Cala San Vincente, Cala Ratjada, Cala Vinas, Camp de Mar, C’an Pastilla, C’an Picafort, Canyamel, Colonia Sant Jordi, Deia, Illetas, Magaluf, Paguera, Palma, Palma Nova, Playa de Muro, Playa de Palma, Portals Nous, Porto Colom, Porto Cristo, Puerto Pollensa, Sa Coma, Santa Ponsa, S’Illot, Soller, Valldemossa. We’ve seen few of these, as we went there in winter, and the best to explore Calas of Mallorca is when you go on summer.