When first time we went in four to Pineda de Mar, it was a sunny Saturday of summer 2016. There were a private party on the beach, organized by the company where daddy works for. The Xiringuito L’Escora (Beach Bar) was chosen to be our host. Apart of the tasty food, and breathtaking views at the bar, there we had different activities for toddlers, kids and parents, as everyone could enjoy their stay.
Toddlers received a water splash kit with different toys to play with water. An inflated castle were free to jump. Kids from 10 to 11 years ride a banana on the sea (adults ride it as well), plus volleyball time for adults. Additionally, all day long all of us had part of marvelous music and Salsa dancing time right on the beach. We had enjoyed it so much so we decided to come next time with our folks.
Straight there, there is a Sailing company Club Nautico de Pineda de Mar which offer different sea activities for a good price. By the way, their main image on google maps, with the sail catamaran, is ours ;). We spent there the entire day and enjoyed the wonderful sight-seeings of Pineda de Mar and Costa Brava with parents.
Some interesting info to take into consideration while traveling with kids to Pineda de Mar:
- Pineda de Mar is almost 40km away from Barcelona and is part of Costa Brava.
- There is a train connection to Barcelona, if you get there by car then you have a plenty of places to park your car right in front of the beach, for free. Price to drive on highway from Barcelona to Pineda de Mar is €4+.
- Sand and water are very clean and you will have a pleasant stay there.
- Eat. You can take some very tasty paella or fideua at the same chiringuito at the beach.
- Sea. Near the bar there is a Sailing company which rents boats, catamarans, kayaks etc. All activities have a reasonable prices compared to Barcelona. For example, catamaran is about 60eur/hour, you can go as a group of 4, what means 15eur/pers. For more adventurous there are classes of sailing. Go and try!
For more beach tips with kids click here.