Sardinia was a really quick decision for our family holiday and we didn’t plan anything. We thought to take the apartment just in the middle of the coast of the island and to enjoy the island as much as we can. We underestimated the patience of our kids, and we thought that we won’t see anything on such a beautiful island. As mentioned, we haven’t planned anything, till we found BITAN company that offers various tours on the south of the island. We thought that it would be a great idea to spend a day with them, and just be guided by a local professional.
Firstly, we had to take a tour on the famous village Nora, very first village of the island. As well to make a route of the undiscovered beaches. But, due to a very windy day, we had to change the plans… and we went for a guided tour in Grotte di IS ZUDDAS.
We spent around 4 hours with Junior Ferreira and went to the most incredible places of the south of the island. Grotte di IS ZUDDAS cave was our first stop. Due to low season, we were unique guests to enter the cave….aaaaammmazing. We felt VIPs just because all the cave was ours, and with Junior Ferreira explaining to us all the history of formation of stalagmites and dolomite that we have seen in the cave. The cave itself was incredible – apart of impressive rooms we also saw interesting shadows of different stalagmites, as Disney character Guffy, a shark mouth, little chicken. I think this part was the best part of the cave for Damian.
Things to know about this special cave are:
- humidity is very high in the cave, almost 100%, what makes dangerous walk on stairs. We had to be very careful with Damian as he likes to run everywhere where he finds interesting it to do.
- all year around it is 16 Celsius degrees.
- the cave is long enough, it has almost 3km, but it is open for tourists only 500m. Believe me it is pretty enough to see in these 500m.
- the cave was discovered due to the explosion of mining seekers. Now, the cave is protected by the Government.
- another natural entrance was discovered recently by people exploring the island. It was closed due to undesirable damages that can be made to the cave.
Kids, both of them were amazingly quiet and keen to discover the cave. As this was their first ever visit to the cave, interior of the cave surprised Damian, with it’s unusual lights and forms.
When we made it back to the outside world, we made 2 stops in panoramic places to the beaches. I would firmly say that we saw the most incredible beaches of the south. Most of which we would never dare enter – because we wouldn’t know how good the views would be.
A huge thank you to Bitan Company for their wonderful hospitality and excellent guided tour of the Grotte di IS ZUDDAS cave. We highly recommend a visit to this cave which is excellent for small children.
Other excursions they make are:
- Discovering Cagliari, a tour through the best places of the city;
- Mountain, Is Cannoneris. High-flying excursion to the biggest European holm oaks majestic forest set over 900 meter feet;
- Discovering Nora, the first village of the island;
- Children Excursion – nature, animals and farms;
- Nuraghe Tour – discovering prehistoric Sardinia;
- Hidden beaches tour with a 4×4 car;
- Hidden coves tour with inflatable boat + jeep tour;
- Archaeological Site of Montessu tour.