Platja D’Aro is one of these small towns, where beach is everywhere and you want to come back each time you come to Costa Brava. A perfect place for nature lovers who enjoy seafront and look for intimate coves.
Platja Gran is the largest beach of Platja D’Aro and is centrally set. Almost all tourists come to this one. There are other small beaches for people looking for peace and quiet and unspoiled beaches. Cala Rovira, Cala del Pi, Cala Sa Cova, Cala d’es Canyers and Cala Belladona represent those tiny beaches where you can enjoy quietly your time at the beach
All the beaches have coarse golden sand. The beach is full every time in summer, we went on winter and there were not people laying at the beach, but were a lot of people walking and enjoying the sun. Like we did. Along the beach there is big variety of restaurants and bars. Again, we went in winter and almost all of these were closed.
What we liked more about Platja D’Aro, was playgrounds. This town is for sure a family friendly place, as there are various areas for children on the beach and seafront. As well a lot of playgrounds in the center of the town.
Another point we liked a lot was, free parking spaces right in the center of the town. I think in summer you won’t find easily a parking space if you come at the midday as in any resort town in Costa Brava.
How to get there: Platja D’Aro is north of Barcelona. The easiest way to get there is by car. We took highway and it cost us Barcelona – Platja D’Aro – 5.35EUR and the way back Platja D’Aro-Barcelona – 6.56EUR. It was strange that the same route cost us differently on both ways.
Parking: There are a plenty of spaces to park your car. Be sure to come early in the morning on summer time to have space.
Hotel: We stayed at Silken Park Hotel San Jorge. More about our experience at this hotel find here.
Other things to do:
- As mentioned previously, there are plenty of restaurants and bars, with prices for any pocket. With big variety of Mediterranean and international food.
- Shops. Even if, it is a small town, you can find everything you need. From a newspaper to kids toys, or even brand clothes.
- Places to visit, are not as much as this place is well known as a resort place, where people come to relax and disconnect.
- Kids zone: Everest Costa Brava and Aquadiver. Not much to say, as we haven’t enjoyed from this activities, because we went in winter.
- Diving. We have seen that on summer time Platja D’Aro is a perfect place for diving. Look at our diving experience in Costa Brava here.
Beautiful family and photos 🙂 could you please write where this kids playground is located in the town?
ohh, this was like 2 years ago, and we didn´t come back to exactly that place.